UserConf’s kind of town!
For the first time ever, UserConf is coming to Chicago!! Chicago is my town, so I just had to put together a quick reference list of all the places first timers must check out!
- The Cubs play the Cardinals Sat & Sun! StubHub some tickets and head to 100-year old Wrigley Field for an Old Style! (Tip: Don’t buy tickets on the street or at kiosks!)
- Chicago is an Open Table city. Download the app and guarantee yourself a seat, or risk waiting a few hours for a hightop. We’re not exaggerating. People die here waiting for their tables.
- ChiTown musts: Lou Malnati’s pizza, Portillo’s dogs, walk or bike the lakefront, grab a beer in Millennium Park, visit Wrigley Field! Don’t plan to go to Navy Pier unless you’re shipping out.
- Want a view? Skip the observation deck at Hancock Tower and head to the Signature Room on the 95th floor!!! instead for a better view and a beer. (Tip: Skip Willis Tower. Run from it! Run!)
- Into Gangsters? Hit the Untouchables Tour, THE BEST TOUR IN CHICAGO!
- Looking for hipsters? Take the Blue Line to the Damen Stop in Wicker Park for mustache salons, pour-over coffee, frisbee in the park, and a real life Holga store. You may even run into local hero, The Daytime Vampire!
- Love architecture? Make sure you go on an architecture boat tour and sit up on top!
- Into tacos? Check out Antique Taco, Big Star, Xoco, and local fave La Pasadita.
- For awesome cocktails: Try Violet Hour, Aviary, Gilt Bar, the historic Green Mill lounge.
- Foodie? Check out Randolph Street for incredible gourmet burgers at Au Cheval and Grange Hall; super trendy Girl & The Goat and Little Goat; super unique City Winery; RM Champagne Salon for romantics. (Tip: Get to Girl & The Goat at 4pm when they open and you’ll get seated right away, even with no reservation!)
- Hot Dougs. Just. Hot Dougs. Just GO.